Raptor is one of the most interesting dinosaurs that you can confront in ARK: Survival Evolved.
- Wild: Utahraptor prime is an awesome species living on the island primarily. It’s kind of aggressive, but it can move with a diminutive hunting packs. It usually uses the sharp teeth or the big claws to assault the smaller target.
- Domesticated: Although this is a hostile creature, Raptor can still be one of the official mounts for the raiders and most of the players use this creature for looking for the bigger collectives. The ones who did take a ride on this Raptor say that it’s hard to domesticate, but they are very faithful after being domesticated. After being tamed, a carnivore will really need a stream of meat to withstand.
- Known Information: As one of the quickest animals, Raptor usually utilizes the tactics named hit-and-run to battle against other bigger rivals. Raptor will kill their target by using various fierce and leaping assaults in such a fast sequence
If any dinosaur or player is in the sight of the Raptors, they will attack that target for sure, using run-and-bite tactic, which makes it very hard to protect against an attack. When confronting with a perilous predator in the dark, it’s very impossible for the Raptors to safeguard when being attacked like that. These creatures usually assault from discrepant directions, they can utilize this strategy to defeat the enemies, and, of course, they can dodge the damage. However, it’s very difficult for them to escape from a player who has early levels because of the high speed.
There are several body parts that have feathers, such as head, back, tail and the backs of the arms, along with discrepant colors. However, we still can see that green and reddish brown are the most usual colors.
Lots of shades of gray, green, brown and yellow.
Often lightly colored.
Often colored vibrantly, sometimes coming in with a gradient.
The eyes are usually red, but a few of them will come in orange or white
- Raw Meat
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point(1)|
1Percentages are depended on the state’s value when the creature was domesticated
2Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage.
3The domesticated base percentage is illustrated here – wild dinosaurs will not advance the movement speed
4Torpor will develop for each level on the wild animals, however, after being domesticated, it won’t be developed more.
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||4||0||0||0:05:20|
|Raw Prime Meat||9||0||0||0:07:31|
|Cooked Prime Meat||17||10||2||0:14:10|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:09:49|
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||6||0||0||0:08:00|
|Raw Prime Meat||16||0||0||0:13:21|
|Cooked Prime Meat||32||31||7||0:26:39|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:15:41|
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||11||0||0||0:14:40|
|Raw Prime Meat||28||11||3||0:23:21|
|Cooked Prime Meat||56||97||21||0:46:37|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:20:38|
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||15||0||0||0:20:00|
|Raw Prime Meat||38||39||9||0:31:41|
|Cooked Prime Meat||76||179||40||1:03:16|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:23:00|
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||18||0||0||0:24:00|
|Raw Prime Meat||48||78||18||0:40:01|
|Cooked Prime Meat||96||280||64||1:19:55|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:24:37|
|Kibble (Parasaur Egg)||21||14||4||0:27:59|
|Raw Prime Meat||56||117||28||0:46:41|
|Cooked Prime Meat||112||375||87||1:33:14|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:25:34|
These values are used for the optimum situations, always have additional supplies.
You can use an outside domesticating calculator such as crumplecorn.com or ark-survival.net to check out a level dependent count of resources required.
Using the Tranquilizer Arrows can easily make the Raptor senseless. After you take it down, you can use Narcotic. With the assistance of Narcotics and Prime Meat, you can domesticate it more effectively. Also, Narcoberries and Raw Meat can give the good results as well
- Damage: This is a fast assaulter that has reasonable damage making the foes slower. Raptor can become a great assault creature.
- Hunter: Just like damage, this creature is considered as a great meat and a secret supplier after getting a saddle, metal and stone weapons that are more effective
- Travel: Raptors can travel at fast speed, they are create mounts if you want to traverse the island. They are not able to carry much.
|Raw Prime Meat||★★★★☆|
(the current details for v.219.3 can change when this feature is more developed. Examined on singleplayer)
Similar to other creatures, to breed the Raptors, we need to get a domesticated male and female, they probably don’t need to be owned by the same person or the same tribe. We should choose a location that is diminutive enough for them to stay close to each other so that they can mate. Remember, you should let them wander around, they won’t mate when they know either of them has to t follow a player or another dinosaur.
MATING PEN: Staying close to each other will make two raptors mate. You should make sure the room size can meet that requirement, around 1 wall x 1 wall. The domesticated Raptors won’t cause any damage to the structures throughout the mating attempt. Therefore, you can construct a mating pen as soon as possible. Because the Raptors are capable of moving through a doorway, you need to build a recyclable mating pen utilizing the thatch doorframe/ thatch floor to generate the matting pen with one side. You should notice that you freely open the thatch door inwards and outwards, and you can take a ride on the Raptors, move them through the doorway. You can shut the door and open another way if the raptor is not suitable to that doorway.
MATING ATTEMPT: When you are done the initial steps to make them close together, now you should activate the wandering on them. If an attempt is carrying out, you will see the information panel for the female raptor popping up with the text ‘Mating with [male’s name and level]’ and then a bar will turn up right below her. It usually takes around 3 minutes for a mating to happen between a level 52 make and level 15 female. Once the mating bar is full, a fertilized egg will appear. It’s impossible for the female to mate once again for 1.5 hours. But for the male, he can mate as often as needed.
INCUBATING THE EGG: The hatch progress for the fertilized egg can happen only when it is placed on the ground, not in inventory, and of course it will take place in an environment that maintains the precise temperature. If you put the egg on the ground while the weather is too hot or too cold, the egg can run out of health gradually. However, if you put in the inventory, no health will be lost! Therefore, you can keep an egg from the bad weather by holding it for a bit, until you find the temperature is alright. Normally, 29-27 degrees Celsius are the hatching temperature for the raptor egg. And if the temperature is at 19 degrees or below, the egg will be too cold, as for 28 degrees and above, it will be too hot.
- Similar to other Dromaeosauridae , Raptor doesn’t usually utilize the claw as a fierce weapon. Probably, this could be because of the dense profile of the claw. There are some Dromaeosaurs like Utahraptor, Velociraptor, and Deinonychus usually pierce the arteries and probably organs by utilizing their claws in order to make the inside bleeding happen, annihilate the target very fast because of the blood loss.
- This Raptor was researched and named after the launching of the epic movie called Jurassic Park, where there was the same dinosaur mistakenly called Velociraptor. The real Velociraptor mongoliensis related to the size of the big turkey found in Mongolia only.
- Raptors can be picked up and carried by Argentavis
- Assaulting the powerful herbivores can lead the raptors to annihilate themselves. Some of the herbivores can defeat the entire of packs.
- The meaning of Utahraptor is originally called “Utah’s plunderer”