- Wild: Carcharodon ultramegalodon would become the most aggressive and perilous creature if it weren’t limited to water.
- Domesticated: If there is one person who can domesticate this creature, they can become the undisputed controller of the ocean, and they can search for some resources that no one has ever found before!
- Known Information: Just like the perilous Tyrannosaurus on the island, Megalodon is kind of equal in the water. Plus, this creature is kind of faster than any non-aquatic creature. Megalodons need to eat lots of food to bear themselves. They usually assault most of the creatures appearing in their sight.
If the Megalodons don’t assault the target, they will mostly stay in the water. These creatures are very hostile and good at swimming; they can swim more quickly than even the player.
This is such a big shark living in the oceans. They have some colors, such as:
Orange, Green, Black, Blue, Red, Silver
Purple, White, Pink, Black
Base Stats and Growth
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
1Percentages are depended on the state’s value when the creature was domesticated
2Base Damage is expressed here instead of the percentage.
3The domesticated base percentage is illustrated here – wild dinosaurs will not advance the movement speed.
4Torpor will develop for each level on the wild animals, however, after being domesticated, it won’t be developed more.
5Because Megalodons live underwater, they will never be drowned and of course, they don’t even need oxygen
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||6||0||0||00:21:36|
|Raw Prime Meat||14||0||0||00:31:31|
|Cooked Prime Meat||28||45||9||01:02:56|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 00:43:39|
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||10||0||0||00:35:59|
|Raw Prime Meat||27||0||0||01:00:46|
|Cooked Prime Meat||54||159||32||02:01:22|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 01:09:44|
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||18||0||0||01:04:46|
|Raw Prime Meat||47||61||13||01:45:46|
|Cooked Prime Meat||94||514||103||03:31:17|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 01:31:42|
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||24||0||0||01:26:21|
|Raw Prime Meat||64||223||45||02:24:01|
|Cooked Prime Meat||127||975||195||04:45:27|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 01:42:15|
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||30||0||0||01:47:56|
|Raw Prime Meat||80||448||90||03:00:01|
|Cooked Prime Meat||160||1587||318||05:59:37|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 01:49:24|
|Kibble (Spino Egg)||35||88||18||02:05:56|
|Raw Prime Meat||94||701||141||03:31:31|
|Cooked Prime Meat||187||2196||440||07:00:18|
|Torpor-depletion:, Time until all torpor is depleted: 01:53:39|
Note that the values are for optimal cases, always bring extra supplies!
For a level dependent count of resources needed you can use an external taming calculator like crumplecorn.com or ark-survival.net
- If you want to domesticate Megalodons, appeasing this creature is a good way or you can lure them into shallow water. You can’t release the bow underwater for a long period, but you can totally do that if is just a short distance. You need to appease them to move in shallow waters using around 10-30 Tranq arrows. You can try to construct a platform so that you can launch the arrows into the water easily. You should remember that this method will capture the attention of lots of Megalodons. Therefore, you should prepare numerous arrows and get ready to safeguard your companion
- If you use the method called chumming meanings that you will slay a smaller fish and keep it in your hand, or place it on the beach, you will draw the attention of Megalodons in that location. They will swim and try to reach the fish.
- You can search for a Megalodon in the shallow water area, you should get another player aggro this Megalodon and try to enter and get out of the water in the aggro range. You need to use Tranquilizer Arrows to shoot it whilst another player performs their action. Do it over and over again until you defeat and make it senseless. There is a great taming location that you should notice; it’s called the rocks! You should stand on a shallow area and then the sharks will turn up for assaulting you. It’s a perfect time for you to shoot them down using a bow!
- You can try to domesticate one or some of ichthyosaurus and use them to travel on the river for getting Megalodon.
- You can use a crossbow to domesticate the Megalodon because you can launch it underwater.
- Scorpion can be another great tactic to defeat the Megalodon because Scorpion is able to swim. Just ride on it and defeat the shark. Try to do it over and over again until you totally annihilate the shark and make it senseless.
- Different from other creatures living on the island, the wild Megalodons usually assault each other. However, they will assault in a group together if any target turns up nearby.
- Megalodons can spawn in most of the water place that is outside the sea, except for the South Haven. They won’t spawn in the rivers. However, you can take them there while coming after the target. There is an uncommon area in which you can’t find any Megalodons there; it’s called water around the blue Obelisk.
- According to the dossier, we know that Megalodons won’t become the most perilous creature on the island if it isn’t limited to the waters. Seemingly, the dossier just exaggerate it! As we know, Megalodons can take a Rex’s side when it has the half health of T-Rex. Plus, it can have less health and damage than Spinosaur. And sometimes, we will see that Megalodons look like Plesiosaur
- When passing by the Dinosaur Gateway, Megalodons do not fit it
- An Ichthy can run faster than a Megalodon.
- Transponder Nodes won’t be able to track the Sharks
- Before launching the Patch 183.2, the domesticated Megalodons can be beached and get destroyed if the player doesn’t ride them carefully
- Before releasing Patch 175.0, the untamed Megalodons are able to beach themselves and get doomed.
- ark megalodon
- ark survival evolved for xbox one how to get megalodon
- Ark survival evolved good stats for megalodon
- megalodon uses ark